Saturday, November 26, 2011

NaBloPoMo 26 - FMTSO - Lawn Tools

This week's theme at Friday My Town Shoot Out is Lawn Tools.



I have someone come and mow my grass as gardening is not one of my strengths or passions. Unfortunately he didn't come this week so have only this pic - the garden hose that I own. Not very exciting but a theme is a theme.

So instead I thought I might share some garden hose trivia ....

Taken from Wellington City Council Water Restrictions
Wellington has year round restrictions on sprinklers and garden hoses. Use is only allowed 6.00am - 8.00am and 7.00pm - 9.00pm on alternate days. If you have an even-numbered address, you can use sprinklers on even days of the month and vice versa. A hand-held hose or watering can may be used at any time.

Taken from Garden History Trivia

          Q. When was the first garden hose made?
          A.  around 400BC of ox gut




Photobucket




5 comments:

  1. I didn't know about those year round water restrictions. That makes your shot of the garden hose more meaningful. And makes me realise how lucky we are to have fresh spring water flowing down out of the mountain through the farm all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pauline - I didn't know either - lucky I use a garden hose and not sprinklers. You are lucky to have fresh water year round. must be beautiful where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sprinklers are not very common here, we have gardeners looking after the gardens/parks which uses hose sometimes attached to a big water lorry to water them. And no restriction at all, thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I am always glad to learn something. Wow do we have the natural stuff here. 3 days full. Of course never in the hot months when we need it so we collect it all year long.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jama and Peggy. Amazing what you learn from the internet.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...