Saturday, November 5, 2011

NaBloPoMo 05 - FMTSO - Fun Signs

Funny, unusual, strange or spooky signs is the theme for this week at Friday My Town Shoot Out - FMTSO

My city has some really fun signs. Here are some of them.
(click on pics to enlarge).


The Wellington Cable Car is a funicular railway in Wellington, New Zealand between Lambton Quay, the main shopping street, and Kelburn, a suburb in the hills overlooking the central city, rising 120m over a length of 612m. It is widely recognised as a symbol of Wellington.
Also check out my post on the Cable Car


my pic of the Parade Cafe



Wellington Railway Station is the southern terminus of New Zealand's North Island Main Trunk railway, Wairarapa Line and Johnsonville Line. In terms of services and in passenger numbers, it is New Zealand's busiest railway station.



The Buzzy Bee is a popular toy in New Zealand. It resembles a bee with rotating wings that move and make a clicking noise while the toy is pulled along the ground. It is one of the most well-recognised items of Kiwiana. It received a good deal of promotion with the visit of the Prince and Princess of Wales in 1983 with their infant son, Prince William of Wales, who played with a Buzzy Bee.



Linking to:  

My Town Mr Linky - FMTSO

Our World Tuesday













   NaBloPoMo

10 comments:

  1. These are awesome! You did a great job capturing these fun signs! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting signs. And I like that buzzy sign. ^_^

    FMTSO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some fun signs, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great signs, all! I actually have several of those New Zealand signs among my on photographs!

    Thanks for sharing these fun images at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very interesting signs.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Roberto, Rio de Janeiro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in Auckland over the weekend and saw some great signs, too late for this week's post. Love your Wellington signs, especially the cable car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Everyone, Wellington is an awesome city and NZ is a beautiful country. Glad you all enjoyed these signs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have found some very different signs. I like the one on bunny street. cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Doreen. Buzzy bee is my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...