Monday, February 8, 2016

Dahlias in my garden

Some days can be too warm

It's been so warm lately. The temperatures have been soaring. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for the sunny warm days but some days are just too warm.

The flowers must truly love he sunshine as the dahlias in my garden look so pretty.






"What a desolate place would be a world without a flower!  
It would be a face without a smile, a feast without a welcome.  
Are not flowers the stars of the earth, and are not our stars the flowers of the heavens."  
-  A.J. Balfour 


Fragments this week:

The week did not start off well. My uncle passed away in India peacefully in his sleep.  A truly blessed death for him but a shock for all of us. May he be at peace. 

I finished reading The Celestine Prophecy. I admit that though it's a good read, I enjoyed it more the first time round.

I am now reading Ramayana The Game of Life Book 3 - Stolen Hope. The Ramayana is one of the great historical epics of India and chronicles the life of Lord Rama. The Ramayana is one of my favourites of all time and I never tire of reading it.

The next book on my list to read is Ruchira Khanna's Voyagers Into The Unknown.

I was going to post my painting of a dolphin for the letter D at ABC Wednesday but it didn't turn out so good.  The dolphin was okay, but the water was complete rubbish. I need a lot more practise in painting the ocean.

Have a great week.


Linking to:
The Letter D at ABC Wednesday
Six Word Saturday
Wordless Wednesday #116
Friday Fragments #32


Check out my Daily Thoughts on Pinterest








Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I am sorry to read about your uncle...RIP
    Nature is blooming well at your end...may you absorb all the positivity in your life. xoxo
    Painting is one to do list that I still have to learn...would love to gather some tidbits from you, Suzy.
    I am ecstatic to know that your next read is my book...would be very excited to know your thoughts.

    Thank you linking up with Abracabadra. Always a pleasure to have you on board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruchira. I am looking forward to reading your book. The excerpt was intriguing.

      Delete
  2. LOVE the flowers.

    So sorry about your uncle.
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dahlias are beautiful ! I wished it would be warm here, but we have still winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! Sorry about your uncles death. It sounds like your family is handling it fairly well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely flowers ... i don't have them in our garden, they always attract ants

    have a nice abc-day / - week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...